With an improved software interface and several modeling enhancements you can count on ease of use and improved accuracy of prediction for reduced premature cracking risk easier than ever.
Below are some of the enhancements incorporated in HIPERPAV III:
Improved Software Interface:
1. Simple vs. Advanced Strategy View. An improved interface allows you to navigate through the software with more ease.
2. Multiple Strategy Batch Mode: With HIPERPAV III, if you have multiple strategies, you can run them all at once by selecting “batch mode” from the Strategy Menu and checking the strategies you want to run.
3. Quick Compare. The Quick Compare screen offers you a chance to quickly make comparisons of up to 4 strategies simultaneously.
4. Sensitivity Comparisons. In this mode you can do multiple sensitivity analysis varying one input at a time for a given strategy (base case strategy).
1. Enhanced Moisture Characterization. This is the primary enhancement made in this version. With the new moisture modeling improvements now you can more realistically compare the effect of various curing strategies and environmental conditions. The potential for PCCP early-age cracking due to moisture changes is now calculated in HIPERPAV III by a one-dimensional finite-difference model that relates materials, environmental effects, and curing procedures.
2. Heat Evolution Characterization. HIPERPAV III now has the ability to characterize heat hydration of concrete mixtures from semi-adiabatic calorimetry testing. This new addition also improves the software accuracy in predicting thermal stress and strength development.
The HIPERPAV team is committed to reducing cracking risks thus minimizing hefty expenditures on slab replace and removal operations. The next steps will focus on exploring a production version of HIPERPAV with automated weather data entry and automated cracking risk analysis and reporting.
Simple Strategy View: Simple View requires limited data and estimates variables that are otherwise inputs for the advanced level user.
Output Screen: Evaporation rate analysis during the peak plastic state and the analysis results for tensile stress and strength during the first 72 hours after construction are presented in one single screen in the Simple Strategy View.
Batch Mode: A batch mode for analyzing multiple strategies at once was also included in this version. If the user has multiple strategies that require to be analyzed, all the strategies can be run at once by selecting “batch mode” from the Strategy Dropdown Menu.
Enhanced Moisture Predictions: An enhanced moisture model was incorporated into HIPERPAV III to increase accuracy of early-age behavior predictions.
Heat of Hydration: Heat of hydration from semi-adiabatic calorimetry can now be entered directly into HIPERPAV III under the Advanced Strategy View. The ability to characterize heat evolution of concrete from semi-adiabatic testing improves accuracy of HIPERPAV predictions.
Comparisons Tab: Two types of Comparison Analyses are available in HIPERPAV III: Quick Compare and Sensitivity Comparisons.
Sensitivity Comparisons: Sensitivity Comparisons allows the user to compare the effects of changing input variables for a base strategy, the advantage being the ability to evaluate for a single strategy the effect of any input variable.
Sensitivity Comparisons: This image shows a sensitivity comparison for “Initial Mix Temperature.”
Sensitivity Analysis Summary: A summary tab is also available in this analysis to show the maximum stress-to-strength ratio for each analysis run in a bar plot with a color gradient from green (low cracking risk) to red (high cracking risk).
Sensitivity of Construction Time: With this analysis the user can see in one snapshot the effect that time of construction has on cracking risk.